Hispanic Heritage Month 2020
The idea for Hispanic Heritage Month, celebrated throughout the latter half of September and first half of October, began as a way to promote the history, culture and contributions of Hispanic-Americans. Specifically — those whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America. Communities mark the achievements of Hispanic and Latino Americans with festivals and educational activitieshttps://nationaltoday.com/hispanic-heritage-month/
- Who was the US President when the first recognition of Hispanic Heritage was observed?
- Who was the US President when Hispanic Heritage was expanded to a full month?
- What are some ways to celebrate our Hispanic Heritage?
- Who is Frida Kahlo?
- Why does Hispanic Heritage month begin in the middle of the month?
- Can you name at least one DWWC member who has Hispanic Heritage?
Use the link under the quote for the answers to all but the last question.
Share your answers in our Facebook Members Only Group. You might win a prize. Do you know at least one DWWC member with Hispanic Heritage?
Our members-only Facebook Group is open to current members of DWWC. If you are a current member without access to this group, request assistance through Contact Us.
Not a current DWWC member? Check out our Membership page and join today!